Sunday, May 22, 2005

Revenge of The Sith - The Review

So, the wait was finally over. The tickets were bought nearly a week earlier. I eagerly wait for this day. As I walked into the cinema with a friend (who is not really fanatic but she knows the basics enough for her to understand the whole series and discussed it with me), I cant stop gushing that I am so nervous of watching this movie. I am scared that I'll be frustrated with the whole story. But at the end of the day, as any fan would want, I just want to know what happen.

As the sound of the 20th century trademark opening, and the infamous scroll message appears with the Imperial March music, my adrenaline started rushing and my heart pounded so heart. We have been eagerly waiting for this. The conclusion. Or the beginning.

If people expect ROTS to be an artful movie, it is not. All the sound effects and other fx were overwhelming. It was exaggarated, sometimes.. all that kung-fu like fighting scenes, and the advanced technology..However, to me, that should not be the focus of this movie. The movie should be focused on the "emotions" and "character". Anakin transition to the Dark Lord was too fast. He is the most powerful and yet, he falters easily. To me, they should focus on his conflict between the good side and the dark side. How the dark side consumed him. How he become heartless and evil.

However, any fan would be sad... seeing anakin, someone who is still searching for himself, falls down easily to the dark side. Seeing how a precious relationship between a mentor and pupil, brother to brother destroyed because of wanting something that you are not supposed to have.

As a fan, i was utterly frustrated with the storyline as it was "rushed". To me, 2 1/2 hours simply not enough. However, it was overwhelming to see the conclusion or the beginning.. whatever. And it was nice to see all the new characters introduced which reminds u of Ep 4 - 6. Seeing Leia and Luke as babies, seeing Uncle Owen at Tatooine, seeing Chewbacca!

Overall, of course it cant beat the originals... but as a fan, it was so excited to know how Darth Vader was made. I cried loads! And i think no one will ever forget the sound of Vader's first breath. It was a classic!!!

Anyway, to those of you who love Star Wars... you shouldnt miss it. Please go and experience it. As for those who doesnt care about Star Wars... just bear with us for awhile. The moment will pass heheehhehehehhehe

1 comment:

Lampin said...

Was thinking of watching it this coming weekend with family... but I guess have to cancel it..or just watch it alone now....