Friday, April 29, 2005

My Favourite Poem

Just thot sharing this with you all. Read this (long time ago) in a friend's collection and instantly fell in love with it.

Just Exchange - Sir Phillip Sydney
My true love hath my heart and I have his,
By just exchange one for another geven,
I holde his deare, And mine he cannot misse,
There never was a better bargaine driven

My true love hath my heart and I have his,
My heart in me keepes him and me in one,
My heart in him, his thoughts and scenes guide,
He loves my heart, for one it was his owne,
I cherish his because in me it bides,
My true love hath my heart and I have his.
*sigh* can love be this pure?

1 comment:

Lampin said...

Love, my dear, is just like every other emotion - it doesn't purify itself nor does it contaminate itself. A contaminated love comprises malice; but a contaminated hatred comprises doubt.

Err....merapu la ni.......