Saturday, May 06, 2006

Keretapi yang Dirindu...

I still remember those days when I used to travel by rail. Those scary-looking locomotives. The smell of metal. The swings and shakes that made it almost futile just to walk from your seat to the toilets. And toilets? You could actually see the rail through the toilet bowl. And the sound of metal clashing and banging from underneath the coaches. Miss those days.
Now, our trains are more... ermm... modern? They look better. The locomotives are more powerful. The coaches look better. But I haven't been on board a train (except LRTs and Komuter) for many years now. I just see them from the outside. I can't really say about the toilets now. I hope passengers don't have to see the rails underneath them while they're using the bowl anymore.
But I know for a fact that the rails are still the same. Well, I guess they do replace the rails and slippers as and when necessary. The routes are the same I guess, probably with some different views and scenery here and there. I hope Bukit Berapit route is safer now. Whatever it is, I miss traveling by train. I miss the scenery the trip has to offer. I miss the swings and shakes. But I definitely do not miss the open-bottom toilet bowls!

So guys, what about all of us on vacation somewhere far - by rail? Cuti sekolah nak dekat ni!

1 comment:

Miss J said...

besh besh.. choo choo naik train! last sekali naik train old skool ni (bukan komuter ke lrt) when i was in sekolah rendah kot.. and mmg best! gi ipoh.

jom? mana hala tuju kita?