Thursday, November 18, 2010

Living is When There's Always "Change"

My friends know that I like to change jobs and I confess that it is true. But when I joined Indah Water I was 37 years old. And now I am already 40, and I have actually more or less decided to settle down in this company. The working environment is pleasant so far and I have a clear career path for the next 2 years.

So when MILS called me for an interview few months back, I hesitated. Nevertheless, I have always advised those who asked not to disregard interviews. No harm in attending interviews, is there? In fact, I think it’s good. Nothing to lose, but probably some good things to gain. So I attended. It was informal. At Coffee Bean Subang Parade.

Later I was offered the job. I tried to decline but they somehow ‘checkmated’ me. I had no way to decline without leaving bad impression to them and I seriously didn’t want that! So I had to accept, hesitantly. In fact, I am still hesitant about accepting this offer.

But acceptance had been made and the contract of service was technically effected. So I will be leaving Indah Water soon. It was quite a shock to me when the Head of Human Resource in Indah Water actually told me that if I felt that I couldn’t take the daily commute (100 km return trip daily), then I should give her a call and she would take me back in! Didn’t expect that from an Iron Lady who was responsible for drafting the policy that Indah Water would not re-employ ex-Indahan!

Anyways, I appreciate the offer. But I would like to give this new career a shot. Living is when there are changes. So if I want to continue living, I should adapt to the changes. This is, indeed, a big change in anybody’s life, isn’t it? I might have to change my plan to settle down. But I have a target – I want to be in MISC Bhd. in 2 years time. I want to settle down in MISC Bhd.

Please wish me luck! Thanx!

No comments: